Building a house is always a significant investment of time and money. When constructing your own house, you can have a custom one built to your exact specifications. This is generally a more flexible option than choosing a production home. You can also find custom home builders in Markham and throughout Ontario to help you at every stage and to make sure the house is exactly what you want it to be.
Some advantages to building a custom home include:
● Personalization – A custom home can be built however you want, according to your own tastes. Do you want to design around interesting furniture or use interesting building materials like a brick accent wall? Building a custom home allows you to work closely with your contractors to strike a balance between what you want and what works. You can also include elements to meet your lifestyle (including natural light, open areas, and space for an entertainment room).
● High Quality Control – Building a custom entails working closely with your builder, allowing you to monitor what goes on at the site. You can personally ensure that work proceeds according to the highest standards. Being more hands-on also lets you oversee the building every step of the way, reducing the chances of substandard work happening under your watch.
● Benefit of Location – When you build your home, you also get to choose where to build. Selecting your lot lets you take the property into account when designing the house, allowing you to take advantage of the lot’s natural qualities. For example, you can find out where to get the best light and place your windows accordingly to use natural lighting.
● Budget-Based – Building a custom home lets you decide where to invest in and what features and space you absolutely need. Because you work very closely with your builder, you can decide beforehand what features you want so you can make the most of your money. Your builder can also provide useful advice on how to stretch your budget and save more. Unlike production homes, this also helps you avoid packages you don’t want, preventing any surprise costs at the end of the project.
● Built for Efficiency – Modern building codes have higher energy efficiency standards builders have to comply with when constructing your house. Your home can feature energy-efficient windows, tighter sealed building envelopes, thicker insulation, and better air filtration to reduce utilities costs. As a whole project, your builder can take a whole-house approach rather than include energy-saving measures piecemeal. Higher quality control also lets you choose the best materials to extend your house’s lifespan as long as possible.
● Improved Safety – In case of accidents, it pays to have measures like smoke detectors, air conditioners with environmentally-friendly coolants, and garage doors with infrared beams. Custom building lets you install these technologies to keep you safe and protect your home from possible damage. Builders can also use the latest developments in home design to better protect your home from the elements (e.g. high-speed winds or flooding).
● Built to Last – When building a home, you aren’t just thinking of current needs, but future ones. A custom home lets you build for the future, allowing you and your family more security as time passes. This also saves you the time, cost, and inconvenience of moving when your home no longer meets your needs. With careful planning and quality building, your home can last for years, providing you with a lasting legacy for you and your family.